We need your voice to be heard! Comprehensive Plan survey – link to participate is below.
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A Comprehensive Plan is a long-range plan intended to help a community develop a good framework to thrive and prosper. It includes analysis of the community and recommendations for future actions.
The Monclova Township has been guided by a Plan that was updated in 2009, and the current leadership has determined that it is time to update it. Some of the areas and issues that the Plan will provide guidance to include:
- Establishing general guidelines and locations for various land uses.
- Prioritizing community improvements.
- Coordinating the location and timing of infrastructure improvements and other physical improvements.
- Planning for the new US 20A/23 Interchange.
- Providing residents with community services and facilities they most desire.
- Improving areas hampered by limited investment and property maintenance challenges.
- Providing for the expansion of walking and biking facilities, and additional quality of life amenities.
- Improving parks and public spaces to promote the health and well-being of multiple generations of citizens.
- Supporting the development of commercial and economic development that complements the township’s unique sense of place.
- Planning for the best utilization of revenues within the various Monclova Township Joint Economic Development Districts and Zones.
What is the purpose of a Comprehensive Plan & why is it important?
The purpose of the plan is to create a shared vision for future of the Township. This Plan presents an opportunity to demonstrate that residents, businesses and elected officials are committed to working together for the best possible future for our community. The goal of this Plan update is to review the last plan for “continued relevance” and to help prioritize the community’s goals and strategies for the next five or more years.
How does the process work? Does it give everybody the chance to participate?
Reveille, a firm that specializes in planning, economic development and community design solutions, was selected to assist a well-rounded steering committee comprised of township and county representatives in developing the plan update.
Public participation plays an important role in the process. An interactive public process has been developed to solicit ideas and solutions. The entire community is encouraged to participate in decisions about the areas the plan will focus on, such as neighborhoods, land use, pedestrian connectivity, community services and facilities, infrastructure and economic development.
You can start doing your part by taking the online survey by clicking here:
How long will the process take?
The entire process will take approximately 9-12 months and should be ready for the approval process in August 2020.
Who can I contact if I have any questions or ideas?
Please feel free to contact the points of contact below if you have any questions.
Harold Grim, Monclova Township Administrator at (419) 865-9662 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Eric Wagner, Monclova Township Zoning Administrator at (419) 865-7857 or email@example.com
Or write to us at: Monclova Township, 4335 Albon Road, Monclova, Ohio 43542-9346
Recycling Guide: Click on picture-
Leaf Collection Information: More information forthcoming mid-October in The Monclova Monitor – but here’s a quick guide for our leaf collection program, which starts mid-October. Click here.